Split → Vis
Vis → Split
Borovik is a small, not very populated place which can be reached by road through Podšpilje and Žena Glava. There are ruins of Mladineo’s tower, from XVII. century. Above Borovik on the way to Hum, there are several caves, and the most popular is „Titova špilja“ (Tito’s cave), which got its name after Josip Broz Tito who was living there in 1944. Titova špilja was supreme headquarters of Jugoslavian army. It’s interesting to get on the mountain of Hum, high 587 m, from which you can have a beautifull view of the island and surrounding archipelago. A part of Hum is surrounded by a big fence because there is the last Vis military facillity with radar.
Lokacija: Komiža, otok Vis
HOST – an uninhabited isle at the entrance to the Vis bay, named after the English commander sir...
BARGUJAC – a place on the south-east side of the island which grew from a few fishermen’s houses into...
PODHUMLJE à consisting of several scattered hamlets, it is the first place along the old road leading from...
RAVNIK – a protected by law and unihabitated isle on the south-east side of the island, right next...
RUKAVAC – a place on the south-east side of the island which grew from a little fishermen’s place into the...
DRAČEVO POLJE à Unites several villages, situated on a half way of the old road Komiža – Vis....